Dieter Bohlen Facts
Dieter Bohlen is one of the most famous music producers in Germany where he is also called the “Pop-Titan”. Find out more about him through the following facts:
- Dieter Bohlen was born on February 7,
1954in Berne, Germany. His father Hans was a civil servant and later on founded his own company called “Hans Bohlen Tiefbau GmbH Oldenbourg”. Initially, it was the plan that Dieter Bohlen should take it over. He studied business administration at the University of Göttingen and graduated in 1978.
- Dieter Bohlen always loved music – even though his parents were not big fans of his hobby. At the age of 15, he founded his first band together with a friend.
- He met his first wife, Erika, in a club in Göttingen. The two got married in 1983 and divorced in 1989. They have three kids together: Marc (born in 1985), Marvin (born in 1988) and Marielin (born in 1990).
- He had his breakthrough with the band Modern Talking, founded in 1983. The band consisted of two band members: Dieter Bohlen and Thomas Anders (real name: Bernd Weidung). Even though Thomas Anders was the lead singer of the band, Dieter Bohlen was the head of the group – especially in terms of commercialization. The band existed from 1983- 1987 and from 1998-2003.
- His autobiography Nichts als die Wahrheit ( = Nothing else than the truth) was the best-sold book in 2002 in Germany.
- His second marriage with Verona Feldbusch (now
Pooth) only lasted four weeks. The reason: she said in interviews that he beat her. He responded that everything he touches becomes gold. Since their marriage in 1996, Verona Pooth herself is a very famous socialite and media personality in Germany.
- Dieter Bohlen has a total of six children. Next to the three ones with his first wife Erika, he also has a son (born in 2005, Maurice Bohlen is also running his own YouTube channel called CASSZ) from a previous relationship with Estefania Küster and two children – a son (born in 2013) and a daughter (born in 2011) – with his current girlfriend Carina Waltz. They have an age gap of 30 years. He is famous for his affinity towards pretty much younger, ethnic women.
- Dieter Bohlen has an estimated net worth of around 100 million euros but is still considered as a very miser person. He himself called them jealous people, describes himself as a generous person and argued in an interview with bunte.de from 2018 that he just likes to compare prices as he doesn’t know why he should pay more if there is a cheaper option.
- In 2002, he became the most prominent judge of the German version of American
idolcalled Deutschland suchtden Superstar. Here, he became famous for his funny critiques as well as hit songs he composed for the winners.
- About his relationship with his current girlfriend Carina, he’s openly praising her for being the only woman in his life with who he never had a fight. All the energy he put into fights with his previous girlfriends, he now has for many other things. Together they are living in a 100-year-old villa in Tötensen.