White skin, dark hair, a graceful figure and the right contacts – all these things play together to become a big hit as one of many Bollywood actresses. The following three actresses have at least one common advantage which brought them further to fulfill the above-mentioned requirements: their European, or rather German roots.
Place of birth: Hyderabad, India.
Parents: Her father was the German graphic designer Frank Handrich; her mother is also a graphic designer and social worker with Bengali Indian roots.
Dia Mirza movies: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein( 2001), Om Shanti Om (2007), Sanju (2018).
- Was raised by her Bengali mother and her Indian step-father Ahmed Mirza.
- She won the title of Asia Miss Pacific in 2000.
- Between 2014 and 2019 she was married to Sahil Sanga, an Indian film producer.
Place of birth: Mumbai, India.
Parents: Her father is the famous Indian film director Mahesh Bhatt; her mother is the actress Soni Razdan who is half German and half Kashmiri.
Allia Bhatt movies: Student of the Year (2012), Dear Zindagi (2016), Raazi (2018).
- Alia Bhatt’s grandmother Gertrude Hoelzer was born in Berlin, Germany.
- She shared a video of her grandparents playing her a birthday tune in 2016. The nice gesture made the Bollywood actress cry.
- Her father Mahesh Bhatt once explained his daugthers spirit and rebelliousness with her German roots. Alia Bhatts grandfather Karl Hoelzer was running an underground newspaper against Hitler.
Place of birth: Aschaffenburg, Germany.
Parents: Her father is from India and her mother from Germany.
Evelyn Sharma movies: Kuch Kuch Locha Hai (2014), Jab Harry Met Sejal (2017).
- Evelyn Sharma grew up in Germany.
- She studied business and languages in Frankfurt (Main), but later on pursued a career in real estate as well as a model.
- According to her, she always felt more German than Indian, which changed after she moved to India and got to know about the culture.