Heidi Klum Facts
Almost all Germans know her: top model Heidi Klum. She is not only a famous face of many famous brands, but also presenter and producer of the German tv show Germany’s Next Topmodel and the US show Project Runway. Who is one of the worldwide most famous and successful German woman? Ten Heidi Klum facts.
- Heidi Klum was born on June 1, 1973, in a small German town called Bergisch-Gladbach. Her father Günther Klum is a former chemistry skilled worker and her mother Erna Klum is a trained hairdresser. Today, Heidi Klum’s father is the owner of a model agency.
- She was discovered in a German tv show called Gottschalk Late Night in 1992. Heidi Klum was one of the contestants of a modeling competition called Model ’92 which was part of the show. She won 300.000 USD and a three years lasting model contract. The presenter of the tv show, Thomas Gottschalk, is a very well-known personality in Germany.
- She initially wanted to become a fashion designer. During the time when she won the model contest, she already had the offer to start training in Düsseldorf.
- She likes dancing and took dancing classes in ballet, jazz, belly, and stepdance when she was young.
- In 2006, she released a single called Wonderland, which reached number 13 in the German charts. All revenues got donated to a children’s village in her hometown Bergisch Gladbach.
- Heidi Klum was twice married. Between 1997 and 2002 with stylist Ric Pipino and between 2005 and 2014 with British singer Seal. Together with him, she has three children. Seal is also the adoptive father of Heidi Klum’s first daughter. In 2015 it became public, that Heidi Klum’s father Günther filmed all her deliveries. Currently, she is engaged to German musician Tom Kaulitz.
- She is an enemy of plastic surgery. According to an interview with Allure Magazine, the model said that the results of plastic surgery don’t represent her beauty ideal.
- Loves to eat licorice.
- She has German and US citizenship.
- Her favorite color is green.