Till Lindemann is a German singer, poet and lead singer of one of the most famous German Bands called Rammstein.
20 Till Lindemann Rammstein Facts
- Till Lindemann was born on January 4, 1963 in Leipzig.
- His father was a famous childrens book author in the former GDR (east Germany). His mother is a journalist and was working as the head of culture for a radio station.
- He was an active swimmer during his youth. In 1978, he took part at the swimming European Championship and gained 7th place.
- Started an apprenticeship as a carpenter and cartwrigter in 1979.
- He was living some time in the country with his father after finishing his apprenticeship. “At 18, I was already rid of partying”, so Tillmann to welt.de. His father died in the early 1980s.
- Has a daugther from his first marriage, born in 1985. Later on, his ex-wife married the lead guitarist of Rammstein, Richard Z. Kruspe, with whom she got her second daugther.
- Loves pure nature and likes to live on the countryside.
- Is a grandfather since 2008, when his daugther Nele gave birth to her son Fritz.
- Was drummer of the German Band First Arsch.
- Isn’t scared of being or becoming older. If he is singing about it in his songtext, it means, the topic is annoying him.
- In Russia and some Scandinavian countries, Rammstein texts are used in schools during German lessons.
- Lindeman is writing poems since 1991. Some of them are published in a book called Messer (Knife). Another one got released in 2013 called In stillen Nächten (In silent nights).
- Till Lindemann is a trained pyrotechnist since 1996.
- Was in a relationship with the German actress Sophia Thomalla. The two not only dated, but were also living together in a flat in Berlin. During their relationship between 2011 and 2015, Sophia Thomalla posed naked for German Playboy magazine. She is 25 years younger than him.
- Starred in several movies including Triple xXx with his band Rammstein.
- Characterises his songtexts als “lovesongs”. “A shrill form of love also exists”, so Lindemann.
- Received an iPhone from the Golden Putin Edition during a concert in Moscow in 2016. The mobile phone has a worth of around 5000 USD. Till commented a controversial photo, which is showing him with a thumb up, holding the phone in the other hand as following: “Friends of the Russian tour-promoter Ed Radnikov gave it to me before the concert. ” The thumb up was the answer of the question, if he likes Moscow.
- Some Rammstein songs are very controversial and deal with real events such as a German inzest case from 2008 or the flight day accident in the US military airbase in Rammstein from 1988. Some interpret this as a sort of art, which persons should not take too serious. He once stated in an interview, that he doesn’t want to insult anyone at all. Provocation on the other side is something positive according to him.
- Admitted in an interview with metal-hammer.de, that he wouldnt start a band nowadays, because its almost impossible to make a living out of it.
- Till Lindemann has a height of 6’0″ and an estimated net worth of 4 million USD.